Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What's it all about, anyway?

While riding the bus the other morning, I thought of some ideas that were the true reason for my blog.  I figured I'd better write these great braniac ideas down because we all know what happens when you're a mid-lifer and you have an idea -- let 30 seconds go by and the idea has poofed right out of the grey matter in the brain.  Since all of my writing materials were jammed in my commute bag, I figured there has to be a better way.  Alas, I'm holding in my hand one of the greatest pieces of technology.  My cell phone!  By the time I opened my phone to figure out if there was a "notepad" in there, I'd forgotten what my ideas were.

So I digress... I've recently discovered that I'm a mid-lifer.  I am not sure how I came to the reality. Perhaps it is with the recent passing of a birthday.  If I truly am at midlife, I feel blessed.  That means that I will live to the ripe old age of 88.  I could deal with that.  

During a recent reflection, I discovered that my life has just been cruising along for a while -- normal, no real highlights.  Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, it just is.  I'm happy.  I have a wonderful, patient husband and a very talented and wise son.  I have a good job & I am comfortable.  God has truly blessed me.  

After I told a friend a list of my "symptoms" recently, he said, "I'm afraid your crisis has entered the building."  Does that mean that my past is history?  No, I think it means that I'm opening a new chapter to a very large book.  A lot of people go through what I'm going through.  Some realize it; others don't.

I subscribe to a few blogs.  I'm sort of like an internet stalker.  One of those blogs is available as a click-through by clicking on my picture over to the left.  That is a blog filled with the wisdom of a young person who has been a great inspiration to me.  Other blogs I read tell of "homesteading" and self-sufficiency.  Other blogs are on eating well, are full of recipes or family trials and tribulations.  I don't assume to be full of wisdom that I was impart to you, nor am I great in the garden and I for sure do not raise chickens!  My goal is to share experiences, walk through life with you -- my fellow mid-lifer -- and perhaps make someone laugh.  If just one person laughs, I will be happier because we know at midlife, everything seems so serious.

Peace & Blessings for this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment