Wednesday, November 2, 2011

co-worker or friend?

I said I was going to make a laminated card with good co-worker qualities, and though I have every intent in doing that, I haven't yet.  Doesn't mean I'm not going to attempt (and I already have) to be a better person, I've just been a tad busy.  Something about a threat of monetary sanctions keeps me motivated to get work completed by the deadlines.

So for the benefit of those who actually read my midlife mumblings, I will share with you what some people say make a good co-worker:
  • team player
  • will help out
  • dependable
  • willing to set aside differences
  • take responsibility for your mistakes
  • upbeat & positive
  • listens
  • knows when to back off
  • doesn't gossip
  • keeps an open mind
  • respectful
  • honest
  • reliable
  • appreciates others' strengths & weaknesses
  • understanding
  • trustworthy
  • patient
  • not focused in their own world
I'm not sure if I just listed the qualities of a good friend or a good co-worker, but it seems there's a not of similarities.  So there you go.  Why not start today with improving on just one of the things in the list above?  I think I will.  It can only make things better, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment