Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday's Delicious "Dessert"

Did you have a good week?  I sure did.  It was a short work week and has ended with a bang!  We had some friends over last night for dinner.  They are just getting into the nutritarian lifestyle, so I shared with them Chef AJ's easy lentil tacos.  I served them up with some vegan sour cream and what we named not-yo-cheeze; both recipes from fellow blogger, Carrie.  She is adventurous and creates her own recipes.  I just steal borrow them, and with her permission I repost them on my blog! 

I said I would share my most favorite dessert EVER today. I wouldn't really call it a dessert, but more of a snack.  You know at night when you're watching that last TV show before you head off to bed or checking your email one last time and you have a little bit of the munchies?  Why not try this... slice up an apple, get yourself a little dish of almond butter and a few currants or raisins.  It's an adaptation of the old "bugs on a log" thing with celery, peanut butter and raisins.  I love it!  It's sweet yet has a little savory from the almond butter.  Here's what it looks like.

I wouldn't necessarily serve this for company, though my friends may have appreciated dessert last night (I forgot to create something) but we ate well, I don't think anybody missed it!

On another note, you know how much I enjoy a cup of something warm and creamy, right?  Well, fellow blogger, Carrie (there's her name again) introduced me to something called Teeccino.  It's a coffee alternative.  It contains nothing but healthy herbs that are roasted and you brew it just like coffee.  It contains no acid, no caffeine.  You know the coolest thing?  You can make it up into a latte and you don't have coffee breath afterwards!  It is quite yummy and I can see this as being a replacement for at least one of my two coffees a week that I enjoy.  Here's a few pictures of the mocha I made this morning. 
I used my French Press.  Even looks like coffee, doesn't it?

I warmed up a little bit of soy milk and voila!
Looks like a latte!  And don't you love my cool travel mug?!

Brews like coffee, looks like coffee, doesn't really taste like coffee, but it is warm, slightly sweet and creamy.  I say WINNER!

That's all the news that's fit to print from this girl today.  Have a great weekend & I'll be back here Monday with something about the weekend kitchen trials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment