Friday, January 4, 2013

TGIF !

Oh, Happy Friday!  Wow! What a long week.  With not feeling well, the holiday and day off from work in the middle of the week, and trying to catch up after being off all last week, I'm happy to see the weekend is just around the corner.

I feel like today is the turning point in this icky cold/respiratory thing I've had going on now for a week.  It's so disappointing to have eaten well for over year and a half and still catch "the bug" that's going around.  One thing that I have cherished is that since being sick I decided not to take the bus, so one of my bus buddies has been carpooling with me.  We've been catching up on all the happenings in each others' homes.  I really do appreciate her friendship.  Plus... she is sick too, so we can commiserate together. 

Costco has been calling my name, and yesterday I answered.  I stocked up on everything healthy.  It really doesn't take long to shop when you are on a mission.  In less than 20 minutes I was back to the car and on my way with a trunk full of three types of mushrooms, peppers, pears, spinach, four bags of frozen fruit & a case of canned tomatoes.  I was really disappointed they were out of avocados.  I think they have some of the best.  For dessert last night we had a bowl of frozen cherries (defrosted) with a sprinkling of cocoa powder on top.  They are incredibly sweet and really fit the bill as the perfect after-dinner treat!

Sometimes I don't do very well with my meal planning and today is one of those days.  I don't have a clue what I will make for dinner.  I'm running low on fresh veggies in the fridge as tomorrow is my shopping day and as we approach Saturdays, my refrigerator is usually pretty empty.  I do have some kale, spinach, mushrooms and garbanzo beans.  Maybe I'll come up with a concoction using those things.  If you have any suggestions, I'd be open to trying something new!

You know I love kale, right?
Here's the latest addition to my wardrobe!  I think kale is definitely on the menu tonight.  I will report back here Monday as to my good eats for the evening and the weekend.  Sunday is usually my big prep day for the week.  Maybe I'll surprise you with a new recipe next week.  You never know what will come out of the Glaze Test Kitchen!

Have a great weekend.  I hope you are able to find some time to relax and enjoy the season, even if that means staying inside, sipping some tea in front of the fire and reading a book.  That's probably where you will find me for a bit!

See you back here Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment