Friday, January 18, 2013

Nutty Storage

TGIF to everybody!  It's been a busy week and I'm looking forward to a three-day weekend.  I plan on getting a lot done over the next couple of days, including a lot of cooking & studying (let's hope).  I tried out a granola bar recipe last night that I really like, but it was pretty basic, so during my cooking adventures Sunday I think I'll try to spice it up a little bit and create one of my own.  I will post my success -- or failure -- on Monday.

Those of you who know me well probably wouldn't expressly say that I am OCD or anal-retentive, just perhaps that I'm a little odd when it comes to certain things.  Some would say I'm highly organized.  Others might describe me as simple.  Well, you decide for yourself.  Below is a picture of my appliance garage -- you know that corner of your cupboard where you're supposed to store your coffee maker or toaster or blender?  Well, my blender (VitaMix) is too big and I use it too often to have it tucked away.  The toaster is big and cumbersome to slide in & out of the "garage" easily.  The food processor also sits on the counter too, much to my hubby's chagrin.  So what do you store in your appliance garage when no appliances are in there?  I put my little containers of nuts and seeds in there because I use many of them daily.  So check it out!

Yes, everything has a label, and I have three stacks... one for dried fruit; one tower is seeds and the other is nuts.  The far right is my container of oatmeal that is handy for my almost daily raw oatmeal breakfast.  There are shakers of hemp, chia, and flax seeds, all within easy reach.  I love my obsession; it helps everybody in the house know what we have.  My pantry looks somewhat similar, things in little boxes and containers lined up on marked shelves.  Don't you dare mix beverages with the canned goods!  It may cause me to hyperventilate! 

It's a short post today.  I'm re-thinking the variety of my subjects.  I think Mondays will be what I cooked over the weekend for the up-coming week, maybe include a recipe.  Wednesdays will definitely be a soup recipe, and Fridays will be some random subject.  Since I'm a creature of habit, I think my blog needs to have some structure too, and having set subjects on my blog days will just keep me in perfect harmony (with what, I'm not sure, but anyway...).  I'm also contemplating changing blog providers so I can have page tabs to store recipes, links to other sites, I can reply to people's comments, etc.  I just need the time to do some research on different ones that are out there.  Since my son has mastered WordPress, maybe I'll pick his brain and see what he has to say as to its ease of use.

On that note, have a super weekend, and those of you who have Monday off, enjoy an extra day!  I will be back Monday with a rundown of what I cooked on Sunday.  Have a healthy, happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment