Monday, October 10, 2011

Dreary Monday ...

It's a dreary day, this Monday.  The bus I take no longer conveniently drops me off across the street from my building, so I have to hike up the hills of Tacoma about five blocks.  Today it was raining.  I told my bus buddy this morning, "At least it's not windy & 38 degrees."  Her response was, "Almost a perfect day."  What a positive attitude she had.  It made me smile & I thought to myself, so what's the worst that happens, my once-curled hair will be straight & my toes may be a little damp.  Oh, well.  

As we passed people hunkering under a tree to stay dry, or stretched out in their sleeping bags, still asleep from a night of walking to find somewhere out of the weather, I decided it wasn't so bad after all to have to walk five blocks up hill.  I soon would be in the comfort of my warm, dry office.  It's not all about me.  

This coming weekend the St. Vincent dePaul truck will be at my church to collect those unwanted goods we all have in our homes.  I think I'll go through my closet and find things that I don't need that others can use.  My recent weight loss has made many things available to others.  I don't need to save them in the back of the closet "just in case" because I don't plan on going back there, where I was four months ago.  If you would like to do the same, let me know and I'll make arrangements.  Furniture, clothes & household goods are welcome.  Warm coats and blankets this time of year are especially needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment