Friday, October 21, 2011

Slow Down

Photo credit - Doug Glaze
This kid has shown me how to slow down and take life one day at a time.  He appreciates all the little things in life and recognizes the big things too & how important each person is to him.

So as I was nearly run over in the crosswalk today by someone too eager to get to work -- i could have touched her car -- I thought to myself, "Why such a hurry?  Why not leave the house five minutes early so you can get to work on time without killing someone?"

I love my job, but I can't imagine that it is so important to nearly kill someone in a crosswalk for.  I don't like to be later either, and I'm thinking I would have been really late had I not stopped and let her make her turn.  

So, please, this weekend slow down; sit down and talk to someone you haven't chatted with in a while, hug your teenager, enjoy coffee with a friend, or as I like to do, admire God's handiwork in nature.  After all, he created this world because of his love for us!  He gave it all to us so we would be happy.  Isn't that enough reason to take it easy?  

No comments:

Post a Comment